Room By Room Details
Master Bedroom Suite - Guests usually fight over who gets this very special room. It is large, luxurious and private. In fact, it is almost like a separate and private living space. This room has a queen size log bed, a reading area, a library of DVDs, books and games, french doors to a private patio with table and chairs, luxurious linens and sheets, blankets and comforter, a large LED TV with digital cable and a Roku digital streamer, a walk-in closet with lots of storage and hangers, a fireplace, lots of extra pillows, blankets and throws, ceiling fan, window air conditioner, sound deadening insulation in the walls, large leather chair with two ottomans, electric blanket with dual controllers, radio, water carafes, whiskey decanter, and romantic lighting. Couples often reserve our property for this room alone. Below is a video tour of this spectacular master suite.
Second and Third Bedrooms - The second and third bedrooms are nearly identical. We named these after some of the more colorful individuals that lived here. Both rooms have double beds, walk-in closets, flat screen TVs, digital cable, infrared supplemental heat, luxurious bedding, reading lights, electric blankets, and a spectacular view. The NASCAR bedroom is closest to the Master Suite. It is named after a female NASCAR driver that slept here. It tends to stay slightly warmer due to the proximity to the furnace. It has a view of Eagle Cliff Mountain and the forest behind the Overlook. The Dream Catcher bedroom is at the front of the home and has a view of the Estes Valley. It is named after a Native American Shaman that slept here. Both rooms have sound deadening insulation that makes it difficult to hear any activity inside or outside of the home.
Below you can view videos of these two additional bedrooms.
NOTE: There is also a queen size leather sofa sleeper in the Living Room.
Coffee Bar - We created a separate and convenient coffee/tea bar just off the kitchen. After visiting many vacation homes and bed and breakfast inns throughout Europe, we found this a great way to provide additional comfort and convenience. It allows you to avoid the hustle and bustle of the kitchen and grab a quick drink or snack. We have a large toaster, small toaster oven, waffle maker, traditional coffee maker, Keurig coffee maker, french press, hot water heater, coffee grinder and more. We provide FREE coffee, tea, syrups, sugars, creamer, and more. There are lots of coffee mugs and wine glasses in this area for your convenience. You can walk right out the back door to the many sitting areas in the back yard and enjoy your favorite beverage and/or snack while enjoying the breathtaking view of the Estes Valley.
Below is a video tour of our Coffee Bar.
Main Bathroom/Spa - At the Overlook, we wanted to create a spa like atmosphere where you can unwind after a long day hiking in the park, exploring the area, or even shopping. We have a large soaking tub with fantastic views of the Estes Valley where you can soak away your sore muscles. We provide custom bath salts that can help you relax, sooth sore muscles or reinvigorate you after a long and stressful day. There is a rain fall shower that drops straight out of the ceiling. We have a plethora of thick luxurious towels. There are two vessel sinks, a make-up mirror, two wall mirrors, convenience items like cotton balls, and cue tips, a wide variety of soaps, shampoos, and more. For individuals with physical limitations, we even provide a seat for the tub and a step stool for entry. The bathroom door is 36" wide for wheel chairs. The floors are tile and heated making it warm and inviting. Last, but not least...it has heated toilet seat and bidet toilet...a favorite of our guests.
Below is a video of this spa like bathroom.
Custom Gazebo With Fireplace - When you have such a spectacular view you have to show it off. The views of the Estes Valley and surrounding mountains are spectacular. To allow our guests to fully enjoy this view, we built a custom gazebo with full size wood fireplace. Of course we provide matches, lighter fluid, fire tools, a fire extinguisher and a limited amount of firewood. Additional firewood is available for purchase at the Overlook or at one of the many stores nearby. What better way to relax, have a glass of wine by the fire, under the protection of this beautiful gazebo as you watch wildlife and the amazing views.
Kitchen - We think bakers should be bakers, even on vacation. We think gourmet chefs should be gourmet chefs, even on vacation. We think people and families that love to cook, bake, etc. should be able to enjoy this activity even on vacation. Perhaps, even more so during vacation. As a result, we have tried to make our kitchen as complete and comfortable as any home kitchen. Perhaps even more so! This includes full size stainless steel appliances, smooth top oven, stainless steel range hood, crock pot, full size Kitchenaid mixer, blender, pizza stone, baking pans and sheets, full size microwave, colander, mixing bowls, etc. In addition, this kitchen expands into the coffee and tea bar with additional appliances and unexpected items. Plus, when you are ready to sit down and eat, you get to choose between a dining table, a breakfast bar, a gazebo, or one of the many other areas outside designed for sharing a meal while enjoying the view. Below is a video tour of the Kitchen.
Message from the owners...
At the Overlook, our goal is to pamper you and make your vacation trouble free.
Our home is fully furnished with high end furniture, electronics, appliances and linens. We provide enough consumables to minimize your trips to the store. We recognize this is YOUR vacation and you don't want to spend all your time in a car!
We know you have many choices of where to stay in Estes and the surrounding area. We feel we offer a unique combination of features and benefits to help you fully enjoy your time away from home. We know this is a time for building shared memories and bonding with special friends and family. As a result, we have gone out of our way to make our home extremely comfortable and inviting as if you were in your own home. In addition, we have built an incredible outdoor area that is ideal for entertaining, enjoying the local wildlife and relaxing. All of this in a historic home, on a historic homestead with spectacular views and lots of wildlife. For more details, see below.
Overview - Built on the side of Eagle Cliff Mountain in the early 1930s, the home features unique characteristics for the most discerning guests. Originally a four bedroom home, two of the bedrooms were merged to form a luxurious master bedroom with fireplace, sitting area, private patio and views of Eagle Cliff Mountain. There are three bedrooms and one and a half baths. In an effort to ensure the home is comfortable for future guests with allergies, there is a strict NO PETS and NO SMOKING policy. While sitting on the wrap around deck, you can enjoy the mountain and valley views, local wildlife, and if you visit on the fourth of July, the fireworks are directly in front of the home.
If I were to summarize the feedback we have received on this property, it would look like....
- Great Views
- Convenient Location
- All New and High End Furnishings and Appliances
- Unbelievably Equipped Kitchen, Laundry, etc.
- Incredibly Clean
- Very Safe and Quiet Location
- Heated Toilet Seats!
- Heated Floors
- Great Yard for Families or Groups
- Love, Love, Love the Gazebo
- Lots of Wildlife
- Can Hike Directly Into Rocky Mountain National Park
- Wheel Chair and Disabled Friendly
- Reasonable, Simple, and Predictable Rates
- Limited Parking - no more than three cars can park in front of the Overlook plus there is an off road parking spot for two small or one large vehicle.
- Only One Shower - a combination Rain Fall Shower and Soaking Tub
- Steep Final Drive - the hill just in front of the Overlook is steep and when snow covered you will need four wheel drive
Consumables (the following are provided for your convenience but are limited in quantity and number)
- Three bedrooms including Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, Fireplace, Sitting Area and Library
- Queen Sofa Sleeper in Living Room
- 1-1/2 Bathrooms
- Unobstructed Views of the Estes Park Valley - to the East
- Walk into the Rocky Mountain National Park
- Large Wrap Around Deck - Views of the North, East and South
- Outstanding Views from Every Room - Mountains and Valley
- Gourmet Kitchen - with all new Stainless Steel Appliances, Heating Flooring
- Soaking Bathtub - with Double Vessel Sink, Rain Shower Head Embedded in Ceiling, and Heated Floors
- Heated Flooring - in Kitchen and Bath
- Hand Hewn Hard Wood Flooring - in Living Room
- Breakfast Bar with Coffee, Tea, Waffle Maker, Toaster, etc.
- Separate Coffee Bar
- Dining Room Table
- Fireplace - in Master Bedroom
- Sitting Area - in Master Bedroom
- Large Fenced Yard - with Custom Gazebo, Outdoor Bar (in summer), Fire Pit, Multiple Sitting Areas and Horseshoe Pit
- Large LCD Televisions in Living Room and Master Bedroom
- Televisions in All Bedrooms, Living Room and Outdoor Bar (summer only)
- Free Internet
- Free Cable TV
- Full Size Washer and Dryer with Complementary Detergent, Dryer Sheets, Bleach and even an Iron
- Full Refrigerator with Ice Maker
- Full Oven with Professional Hood
- Smooth Top Cooktop
- Full Stainless Steel Bottom Mount Sink
- Full Size Dishwasher with Complementary Detergent
- Full SIze Microwave
- Coffee Maker, Keurig and French Press
- Coffee Grinder
- Large Toaster
- Kitchenaid Mixer
- Waffle Maker
- Pots and Pans
- Crock Pot
- Serving Utensils
- Cork Screw
- Can Opener
- Baking Dishes
- Baking Bowls
- Cookie Sheets
- Hand Towels
- Bath Towels
- Custom Bath Salts
- Soap and Shampoo
- Convenient Items
- Gas Grill
- Horseshoe Pit
- 14 Person Picnic Table in Yard
- Custom Gazebo with Full Size Wood Fireplace, Table and Chairs Overlooking Valley
- Custom Outdoor Bar with 60" TV (to be completed Spring 2017)
- Private Deck with Table and Chairs for Two off Master Bedroom
- Outside Chairs
- Fire Pit and Tools
- Limited Free Firewood with Additional Firewood Available for Purchase
Consumables (the following are provided for your convenience but are limited in quantity and number)
- Paper Cups
- Paper Plates
- Paper Towels
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Laundry Detergent
- Cleaning Supplies
- Bottled Water Dispenser
- Coffee, Creamers, Tea, Sugars, Syrups
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Bath Salts
- Trash Bags